Friday, October 9, 2009

I never knew that getting a bagel could make me want to go on a rampage.


I never knew that getting a bagel could make me want to go on a rampage.
After a nice workout and on my way to work, I stopped at a Coffee Bean (not Starbucks this time). As I stepped out of the car the cool morning air greeted me, and I felt good about the day. I step into the store and the line is short, excellent! In no time, I get to the counter, and this exchange follows (after the greetings and pleasantries):
Barista: What would you like?
Me: A small latte, and a toasted cinnamon bagel please…just plain please.
Barista: No problem. Would you like cream cheese with the bagel?
Me (still not in rampage mode): No, just the bagel please.
Barista: How about butter?
Me (slightly miffed): Plain bagel is fine. Thanks!
Barista: So, no type of jams or anything?
Me (in my head): Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Shut up about the jams and cream cheese!
What the hell is wrong with some people?! How many times do I need to refuse creme cheese, butter, jams, or honey? You are not being helpful when you keep asking idiotic questions about possible spreads for my bagel. Oh yes, now that you’ve asked me fifty times I’ll just get a bagel with creme cheese. I wonder why I didn’t think of that myself. Weird!
--Compliments of the Sarcasm Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment